Saturday, November 27, 2010

26.2 Complete!!!

Sunday, 11/21, was the Philadelphia Marathon and I conquered it! My official time was 3:12:16. It was a cold start, around 40 degrees, but the sun came out and it turned out to be a great day for a long run. The course was mostly flat besides a gradual hill around mile 7-8, then a rather steep hill after mile 9, and finally some small rolling hills between 18-21. What was great was the support i received along the way from my cousins and my parents! They rooted me on along the back half and were there when i crossed the finish line. You can check out the results at this website, http://results.active.com/pages/searchform.jsp?rsID=103521. Many thanks to all who supported me while I trained and a special shout out to my cousins who fed, housed, and transported me in philly. It was a great experience. Now on to the next one!

I also ran an 8K (5 mile) on thanksgiving in Glen Ridge, NJ. This run has become a tradition as I have run it the last 4 years. I had my best time this year as I finished with a time of 29:56. The results for this run can be found here, http://www.compuscore.com/cs2010/novdec/a8k.htm . My brother Lee, my father, and my dog Skye were there to root me on!

I have yet to decide when my next run will be but I will post it here as soon as I find a run. I will continue to update my training and also try better to post interesting articles, recipes, and other insights relating to Health and Wellness.

Until next time, Be Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment